Siomay Production Machine Designed to Solve Insufficient Production Capacity
- For wrapper
- All Purpose Flour
- Warm Water
- For filling
- Ground Pork
- White Pepper
- Sesame Oil
- Mashed Ginger
- Mashed Garlic
Siomay is a type of Chinese food. The origin of siomay dates back to the Yuan Dynasty in Beijing, but some people say it originated from Hohhot. Then, it has been spread to different regions and developed into several variants such as Cantonese shumai, Shanghai shao mai, and Philippine siomai.
In Taiwan, Cantonese shumai is more common. Consumers can enjoy siomay in traditional dim sum restaurants or buy dim sum to go at street stalls. Each portion has three pieces and is served in a steamer basket. If you buy it at the street stalls, you can have one of each flavor.
Handmade Food Recipe
- Ⅰ. For filling
- Add ground pork and shrimp into a food processor and then mince and mix them until the mixture becomes viscous.
- Add salt, sugar, white pepper, wine, sesame oil, mashed ginger, and mashed garlic into the food processor and mix them together.
- Put the mixture in the fridge.
- Ⅱ. For wrapper
- Add all purpose flour and salt in a large bowl and stir them together.
- Add 65℃ water while stirring and keep stirring to mix flour and water.
- Knead the dough by hand until there is no lump.
- Cover with cling wrap and rest for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on your work surface and knead the dough until smooth.
- Put it in a bowl, cover with a wet cloth, and rest for one hour.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder.
- Cut it into small dough balls, around 5 grams.
- Roll out a dough ball into a thin round wrapper.
- Take out siomay filling from the fridge.
- Make a circle with your thumb and index finger.
- Place a siomay wrapper on the circle and spoon filling on the wrapper.
- Wrap the filling and shape it with your thumb and index finger.
ANKO Team Research Problem Solving or Solution Delivery
Solution 1. Recipe for handmade food is different from that for machine-made food.
The client runs buffet-type restaurants. During the restaurants' opening hours, siomay will be steamed in the kitchen and set out on a steam table for customers serving themselves. Generally, when siomay and other dim sum are cooked, they will be served at consumers' table immediately. However, siomay serving in buffet restaurants would be kept warm to ensure all consumers can have warm food at any time. For the particular style of restaurants, we have special recipes to prevent siomay wappers from being mushy.
Solution 2. Solve the issues of production capacity and human resources with the evaluation of ROI.
ANKO provides many food making machines. We will consider customers' current and future situations, taking customers' budget, required production capacity, human resources, expected profit, etc., before give them advice. For example, this client already had a semi-automatic siomay machine. In the siomay production process, 2 to 3 people were required, responsible for mixing filling, making dough, placing trays, collecting siomay, and collecting trays. The production capacity was 800 to 1,000 siomay an hour.
Then, he opened new stores and would like to purchase another machine. We suggested that he should buy an automatic siomay machine, which could make siomay up to six times more than the semi-automatic one could do per hour with the same number of workers. There was no need to produce siomay every day and he would get his investment back within half a year to a year. Even though he kept expanding his business, he didn't have to buy another machine in a short time.
Food Equipment Introduction
- Siomay dough shreds are pressed into a dough belt.
- The dough belt is conveyed and pulled in position.
- Two filling pipes fill stuffing on the center of siomay wrappers while the dough belt is cut into two wrappers and the wrappers are pushed in molds.
- Shaping grippers grip siomay to make pleats.
- Formed siomay are pushed onto a conveyor by pushers.
Automatic double-line siomay machine
The client had tripled the number of stores within two years. The semi-automatic siomay machine wasn't able to meet the demands, neither was an automatic single-line siomay machine suitable based upon their fast growth and medium and long term planning. Therefore, we recommended an automatic double-line siomay machine to him because the production capacity of the machine working eight hours a week was enough to supply all his restaurants. There was room to increase production time and production capacity.
Processing Line Planning
- Vegetable Cleaning
- Vegetable Cutting
- Meat Mincing
Simply putting prepared dough and filling, HSM-600 Automatic Shumai Machine can automatically make 6,000 siomay per hour and minimize hand contact with food. The heights of siomay filling and wrapper are customizable. If you want to make your siomay more colorful and tastier, a system for putting peas or carrot cubes on top of siomay is optional.
How does the automatic double-line siomay machine work? In this video, you will see how the machine rolls out wrappers, fills stuffing, and shapes siomay. At the end of the production process, siomay are pushed onto a conveyor that helps workers collect final products. With a double line design, two siomay can be made at a time to increase productivity.
Taiwan Ethnic Food Machine And Food Processing Equipment Solutions
Our food equipment solutions for clients from over 108 countries. You can click on the following categories to view cases. Each case shows how ANKO conducts food machine solutions - from the beginning of ingredient preparation, machine design and manufacture, troubleshooting and after service.
- Solution Area
- About ANKO
- Can I test the machine and make food before I place an order?
- What if my recipe is confidential or I cannot go to ANKO?
- Do you provide recipe consulting service?
- I would like to start up a food business/expand my business. Could you make a plan for me?
- If I want to add ANKO's food making machine to my existing production line, could you help me combine all machines together and optimize my factory layout?
- Is there a warranty?
- What is covered under the warranty?
- Do you provide machine training?
- What services and benefits are covered in the solution?
- Request for Proposal
ANKO Siomay Equipment Solutions
ANKO FOOD MACHINE CO., LTD. is a food making machine manufacturer and a food production solution supplier. We've been offering professional food equipment since 1978. With years of experience in the food machine market, ANKO makes sure that our food equipment meets customers' demands.
Food Processing Equipment Solutions
View our new food processing machine and turnkey solutions