Shanghai Wonton Automatic Production Machine Design to Solve Labor Shortage
Shanghai Wonton (Shanghai Style Wonton, Pork and Vegetable Wonton)
- For wrapper
- All Purpose Flour
- For filling
- Bok Choy
- Ground Pork
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
Vegetable and meat wonton originated in Shanghai; every family has its own recipe. Shanghai wonton, different from Chinese dumpling, is folded into a yuanbao-like shape with thick, square wrapper, boiled with water and then served in chicken soup, meat soup or bone stock with a few drops of sesame oil or soy sauce, sometimes a pinch of coriander or chopped celery.
The yuanbao-like wonton symbolizes not only wealth but also perfection, because it is full of filling. "Full" (飽滿, literally bao man) has the same character and share the same meaning with "perfect" (圓滿, literally yuan man).
Handmade Food Recipe
- Ⅰ. For wrapper
- Mix flour, water, and salt together in a bowl.
- Dust the worktop with flour and knead the dough until smooth.
- Rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a sheet about 1-2 mm in thickness.
- Cut the sheet into 7*7 cm wrappers. Set aside.
- Ⅱ. For filling
- Chop bok choy, shiitake, and scallions.
- Add them and ground pork in a bowl, then season with soy sauce, salt, and sugar. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Scoop a spoon of filling in the center of a wonton wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half and seal the edge.
- Pull the two folded corners together and then pinch them firmly.
ANKO Team Research Problem Solving or Solution Delivery
Solution 1. To design a new mold that satisfied all the client's needs.
During the discussion on the customized mold, he hoped that we could design the mold to satisfy the two conditions.
First, the new products can have a special shape.
The client spent a lot of time folding the shanghai wontons into their iconic shape by hand. He wanted to save time on folding wontons but expected that the machine-made wontons can still be attractive.
Second, the new products can fit into the original packaging.
He used to sell frozen wontons in boxes and would like to pack the same packaging for the new products.
Therefore, We researched and developed a mold on the basis of the size, weight, shape of the client's handmade wonton, designing the wonton mold in a special shape. On the day of machine training, we also provided a best way to arrange products in the box.
The switch from handmade to automatic production processes might have costs and difficulty in the beginning, but the total solution we offered saved him the cost of changing packaging and made the transfer more effective and solved the labor shortage problem.
After selling the machine-made Shanghai wontons, the new shape wontons gain popularity with customers and unexpectedly become a new product line because the wonton's gorgeous shape looks like UFO and is called little UFO wonton by customers.
Solution 2. Customize another mold for wontons with delicate handmade shape.
Through the last order of the little UFO wonton mold, the client knew ANKO's custom design and manufacturing capabilities. Afterwards, he placed another order for a new shape mold making wontons with a thicker wrapper. This time, he would like to add a handmade process giving the wontons a delicate handmade shape.
Our R&D engineer made a plastic mold for making 30-kilogram rectangular wontons and provided it on trial to ensure the rectangular shape could then be made into the shape that suit his needs. The client was satisfied with the mold and placed an order instantly. The customized mold not only facilitated the productivity, but also made a pleasing look that met the requirement.
Food Equipment Introduction
- Put dough into the dough hopper.
- Put filling into the filling hopper.
- Filling is extruded into a cylinder through filling pipe.
- Dough is extruded into a tube through dough pipe.
- While both cylindrical filling and dough tube are formed, filling is extruded into the dough tube.
- The rotary mold forms the dough tube into pieces of products.
- The final products are released from the mold by scraper.
- The final products are conveyed for the sequential process.
Can products in different shapes be made by one machine?
By changing the forming mold set and turning the dough thickness adjustment nut, one machine can make food products in different shapes, weights, and sizes.
The forming mold can be customized and is easy to change.
The forming mold of HLT-700 Series can be customized according to a client's needs including product size, shape, edge pattern and ingredient characteristics. Through the customization services, all clients can have their own unique products.
For clients who make products in different shapes, the design of the forming mold set helps clients easily change the set in a few steps - pull out a latch, switch sets, lock it - and then continue to produce different products.
The thickness of a wrapper can be adjusted quickly.
Different foods have different wrapper thickness. After changing the forming mold set for making another food, users might need to turn the dough thickness adjustment nut for thicker or thinner wrapper. By tightening or loosening the nut, the wrapper can effortlessly be made thinner or thicker.
Processing Line Planning
- Vegetable Cleaning
- Vegetable Cutting
- Meat Mincing
The HLT-700XL features a customizable forming mold to make not only square and circle but also special shapes such as bear, letter, number, etc. - even the edge can have different patterns to create unique products. Currently, the HLT-700XL with easy-change forming mold sets is able to produce over 70 kinds of ethnic dumplings including Polish pierogi, Russian pelmeni, Italian pasta, and the Shanghai wonton in this case.
How to make dumplings? Click the video to watch more about the production processes of the HLT-700XL, different molds, and their final products. The video also shows how easy the switch of the forming mold sets is and how xiao long bao is made by ANKO's HLT-700XL and an EA-100KA forming device.
Australia Ethnic Food Machine And Food Processing Equipment Solutions
Our food equipment solutions for clients from over 108 countries. You can click on the following categories to view cases. Each case shows how ANKO conducts food machine solutions - from the beginning of ingredient preparation, machine design and manufacture, troubleshooting and after service.
- Solution Area
- About ANKO
- Can I test the machine and make food before I place an order?
- What if my recipe is confidential or I cannot go to ANKO?
- Do you provide recipe consulting service?
- I would like to start up a food business/expand my business. Could you make a plan for me?
- If I want to add ANKO's food making machine to my existing production line, could you help me combine all machines together and optimize my factory layout?
- Is there a warranty?
- What is covered under the warranty?
- Do you provide machine training?
- What services and benefits are covered in the solution?
- Request for Proposal
ANKO Shanghai Wonton (Shanghai Style Wonton, Pork and Vegetable Wonton) Equipment Solutions
ANKO FOOD MACHINE CO., LTD. is a food making machine manufacturer and a food production solution supplier. We've been offering professional food equipment since 1978. With years of experience in the food machine market, ANKO makes sure that our food equipment meets customers' demands.
Food Processing Equipment Solutions
View our new food processing machine and turnkey solutions