Dumpling Production Equipment Helps to Increase Capacity and Standardize Products
To increase capacity and standardize products are the main issues that drive food manufacturers and restaurant owners, including this client, to switch from manual to automatic production. The dumplings served in the company's restaurant chains were made by hand in its own central kitchen. Consumers really liked the handmade dumplings, but 'sold out" was the most important issue with which the company had to deal. Moreover, the size, weight, and taste of handmade dumplings might vary from batch to batch. Using a dumpling maker can both improve capacity and achieve standardization. Therefore, he chose us as the solution provider for the automatic production of dumplings. He also wanted to serve deep-fried dumplings and steamed dumplings to satisfy customers' appetite after increasing capacity.
ANKO Team Research Problem Solving or Solution Delivery
Solution 1. Dumplings crack after freezing.
After giving machine training, going through the whole process of producing food is necessary to make sure the machine, production process, and the final products have no problem. In this case, dumplings could be produced smoothly, but there were cracks in the dumpling skin after freezing.
Our engineer listed two possible causes: water content and freezing techniques.
How to adjust water content to prevent dumplings from cracking?
The cracks formed because ……(Please contact us to get more information)
How to improve freezing techniques?
Under the situation that the client had no plan to purchase new freezing equipment, our engineer suggested changing workflow. After the dumplings are just made by the HLT-700XL, pack the fresh dumplings well and freeze them right away to prevent them from drying.
With the two solutions, the defective rate can be decreased from 40% to 5% and the dumplings can both be steamed and deep-fried perfectly.
After ANKO’s recommended adjustments, dumplings were successfully formed. Even when put into the freezer, dumplings weren't cracked.
Food Equipment Introduction
- Put well-mixed stuffing in stuffing hopper.
- Put well-kneaded dough in dough hopper.
- Stuffing is extruded into a cylinder through stuffing pipe.
- Dough is extruded into a tube through dough pipe.
- While both cylindrical stuffing and dough tube are formed, stuffing is extruded into the dough tube.
- The stuffed dough tube is formed by the rotary mold.
- The final products are released from the mold by scraper.
- The final products are conveyed for the sequential baking process.
Preserves filling ingredients with their original textures, even corns or green peas can be processed
Customized rotary mold
The rotary mold in the forming mold set of HLT-700XL determines the look of a product, including size, shape and weight. ANKO has a team specifically to develop rotary molds for our clients and all molds are precisely produced with a 5-axis CNC machine in our factory.
In this case, the client would like to make dumplings with a unique shape, so we provided several choices in accordance with the weight and size of his dumpling. Finally, we made him a half-moon shaped dumpling mold with patterned edge that we call it finger pattern. After the dumplings were produced by machine, for more unique look, they would make them into a ring shape by hand.
HLT-700XL Multipurpose Filling & Forming Machine is designed to produce various types of dumplings such as Chinese dumplings, Polish pierogi, Russian pelmeni, Italian calzone and ravioli, Korean mandu, etc. The products weighing from 13 to 100 grams with different shapes are able to be made because the rotary mold can be customized according to individual needs. Simply by changing the forming mold set, the machine can produce different food products, which helps clients create new product lines with low costs. More importantly, ANKO launched the Internet of Things (IoT) System, allowing real-time access to data monitoring to manage production remotely on a mobile device. It also can automatically detect any parts that require maintenance and send alerts for easier maintenance.
Fiji Ethnic Food Machine And Food Processing Equipment Solutions
Our food equipment solutions for clients from over 112 countries. You can click on the following categories to view cases. Each case shows how ANKO conducts food machine solutions - from the beginning of ingredient preparation, machine design and manufacture, troubleshooting and after service.
- Food Culture
Chinese dumpling is a circular dough skin wrapped around filling with pinched pattern on the edge. The primary filling is pork with cabbage or leek, but there are many variants made with different ingredients such as beef, shrimps, chicken, fish, corn, kimchi, etc. Dumplings are usually boiled, steamed, pan-fried or deep-fried. Nowadays, some frozen dumplings are cooked before freezing so that people can even microwave the dumplings when busy.
- Handmade Recipe
For Wrapper-Flour/Water, For Filling-Ground Chicken/Cabbage/Soy Sauce/Sugar/Salt/Pepper
Making the Wrapper
(1) Add flour and water in a large bowl, then stir them together. (2) Knead and press the dough with the palms of hands until sticky. (3) Rest for a half hour. (4) Dust the worktop with flour and knead the dough until smooth. Set aside.
Making the Filling
(1) Chop cabbage and finely chop ground chicken. (2) Mix them in a large bowl. (3) Add sugar, salt, pepper and soy sauce in the bowl, and stir the filling well. Set aside.
How to make
(1) Roll the dough into a long, cylinder shape. (2) Equally divide the dough into small balls. (3) Roll out the dough ball into a thin wrapper with a rolling pin. (4) Spoon filling on the center of wrapper. (5) Smear water on the edge. (6) Fold it in half and tightly press the seam. (7) Pleat the edge. (8) Repeat last five steps to wrap all dumplings.
- About ANKO
- Can I test the machine and make food before I place an order?
- What if my recipe is confidential or I cannot go to ANKO?
- Do you provide recipe consulting service?
- I would like to start up a food business/expand my business. Could you make a plan for me?
- If I want to add ANKO's food making machine to my existing production line, could you help me combine all machines together and optimize my factory layout?
- Is there a warranty?
- What is covered under the warranty?
- Do you provide machine training?
- What services and benefits are covered in the solution?
- Request for Proposal
ANKO Dumpling Equipment Solutions
ANKO FOOD MACHINE CO., LTD. is a food making machine manufacturer and a food production solution supplier. We've been offering professional food equipment since 1978. With years of experience in the food machine market, ANKO makes sure that our food equipment meets customers' demands.
Food Processing Equipment Solutions
View our new food processing machine and turnkey solutions